How to make an Espresso Martini!
Author: Darren Date Posted:1 September 2011
If you’ve tried it, you’ll know that the Espresso Martini is the greatest invention known to man. The mixture of vodka, coffee and Kahlua works surprisingly well.
The caffeine boosts the spirits while the alcohol pleasantly loosens them. But for your martini to be a success, you’ll need fresh, good espresso coffee – which is where we come in!
Ingredients and Equipment
- One Lavazza coffee pod and one Blue Pod coffee machine!
- 45 ml vodka (one and a half shots)
- 15ml Kahlua (half a shot)
- 30 ml espresso coffee (one regular espresso shot)
- 2 large cups for mixing
- 1 strainer
- 1 martini glass
- Make one regular short black (30 ml coffee)
- Add the vodka, Kahlua, and hot coffee (in that order) to a glass with ice.
- Place a larger cup over your original glass and shake!
- Pour into martini glass through a strainer.
- Enjoy it!
(By the way, if you liked this, give our affogato a try too!)