Baked Coffee Cheesecake with Coffee Cream
Author: RoB Date Posted:16 May 2013
If there is one dessert that tastes better than cheesecake with coffee, it’s baked coffee cheesecake with coffee cream.
Although it’s not quite as easy to make as a perfect espresso using Blue Pod coffee pods and your free Lavazza espresso machine (home coffee machine), this baked cheesecake recipe is easy enough to whip together for family and guests.
250 grams Granita biscuits (or your favourite cheesecake base)
170 grams melted butter
500 grams cream cheese
3/4 cup (175g) caster sugar
2 tablespoons Kahlua or other quality coffee liqueur
300 grams sour cream
Coffee and chicory essence
300ml double cream
1) Preheat your oven to 160°C.
2) Using a food processor, process Granita or your chosen biscuits until they are reduced to fine crumbs.
3) Add melted butter and continue processing until the butter and biscuits are combined.
4) Press the mixture into the base of and ⅔ up the sides of a 22cm springform pan. Place in refrigerator.
5) Beat cream cheese and caster sugar until smooth. Then beat in eggs and Kahlua (or other selected coffee liqueur). Finally, beat in the sour cream.
6) Remove springform pan from fridge and add the filling mixture.
7) Bake for one hour.
After baking, turn off the oven, leave the oven door ajar to allow the heat to escape and leave the baked cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour to cool. Then place the cheesecake in the fridge and leave overnight.
When you’re ready to serve, fold a little of the coffee and chicory essence through the double cream to get a swirl effect. Serve this with the cheesecake as a topping. Also don’t forget to make delicious Lavazza coffee in your home coffee machine to serve with dessert.
This recipe comes courtesy of taste.com.au. Look for more delicious recipes in past and future blogs from the Bluepod Coffee Company -- the Australian coffee lover’s coffee company. And get the most out of your free Lavazza espresso machine with our guide to the world’s favourite types of coffee.