Baked Beans & Coffee
Author: Rob Date Posted:18 March 2013
Make Gourmet Baked Beans with Coffee
“Gourmet” isn’t a word that’s often used together with “baked beans,” but when you add a little gourmet espresso coffee from your Lavazza coffee machine and a few other ingredients, that’s exactly what you get. Here’s how to make gourmet baked beans with coffee.
Ingredients for 6 to 8 Servings:
- Large can drained red kidney beans
- Large can drained pinto beans
- 1/4 cup Lavazza espresso
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons powdered dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (kosher salt is ideal)
- 1/2 teaspoon “liquid smoke”
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 oz brandy
- 1 thinly sliced sweet onion
Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius (325F) while you prepare the ingredients:
- Start by combining all the ingredients except the beans, brandy and onion in a small saucepan.
- Bring mixture slowly to a boil and continue simmering for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add one ounce of brandy.
- Place the beans in a casserole dish and stir in the sauce.
- Top with onions.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
These gourmet baked beans make an ideal accompaniment to any barbecue.
More Great Coffee Recipes
The ability to make barista quality espressos and cappuccinos is reason enough to have a free Lavazza coffee machine, but we want you to get the most out of your espresso machine. To that end, we’ve been scouring the internet looking for great coffee recipes. The recipe above comes courtesy of About.com/Home Cooking. You’ll find plenty more great coffee recipes in past and future Bluepod blogs. In case you missed them, here’s what we’ve discovered so far:
- Recipe for a delicious Affogato
- How to make an Espresso Martini!
- Spice up your cooking with coffee
- Coffee or Cocktails?
- Cooking with coffee and chicken
- Cool off with Iced Coffee
- Christmas Coffee
- Coffee Panna Cotta: A Coffee Dessert to Die For
You’ll want to keep these and upcoming coffee recipes handy for future reference. One easy way to do this is to create a new bookmarks folder on your browser. Every time you find a new recipe you like, just bookmark it. You can even make subfolders within your main Recipes or Coffee Recipes folder to separate the main dishes from desserts, cocktails and other recipes.
We’re always on the lookout for more great coffee recipes and other novel ways to use Bluepod coffee pods and Lavazza espresso machines, so why not “like” us on Facebook and share your recipes and ideas with us? It’s also the perfect way for us to get to know each other better and share our love of coffee. We look forward to hearing from you soon!